Here are some rules to keep your self in style at the gym. They can help you with what to wear, with how to smell, and with how to act. Consider them the ten commandments of style, only at the gym. Try to keep them in mind!
- Smell yourself. If you can smell yourself, be sure that everyone else can too. We hope you smell good!
- Zuba pants were never cool, ever. They will not turn cool, and they really should be donated to the salvation army. Because if you wear them, you need salvation.
- Do-rags are only acceptable if you are meeting Bruce Springsteen after your workout, or only if you are a regular on The Sopranos.
- Jewelry is best worn by a lady. Are you a lady? Your bling is distracting and can get caught on the equipment.
- Your huffing and puffing and groaning shouldn’t be any louder than your playlist. Take it easy, breath in and out at a regular pace.
- Flip flops are only allowed in the locker room. And going barefoot to the gym? Never allowed.
- Your shorts should end just above the knee. Not below the knee, and never far enough up to see something you shouldn’t.
- Don’t go commando, especially when doing the mat work. Don’t break this rule with rule #7.
- Wear a shirt with the gym’s logo at the gym is like wearing a brand and shopping at the same store. Unless you work there, leave it somewhere else.
- Replace your gym shoes every 6 months for optimal performance. Women also judge you by your shoes, so even more incentive to get new ones. And running shoes are preferred.
And that’s all you need to know to stay stylish at the gym! As long as you follow these 10 rules, you’ll be good to go.